Who We Are
Moving Buddies Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Moving Buddies Ltd registered office is at Warren Bruce Court, Warren Bruce Road, Trafford Park, M17 1LB and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 13762811. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number ZB459743 , and act as the [data controller/data processor] when processing your data.
Information That We Collect
Moving Buddies Ltd processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with information about our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
In the case of a Consumer the personal data that we collect is: –
- Date of Birth
- Home address
- Sale property address
- Purchase property address
- Personal Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Property transaction data
In the case of a Supplier the data that we collect is: –
- Employer and employee contacts details
- Products and services
- Fees and prices
- Payment information
We collect information in the below ways, when you: –
- Apply to become a customer or user of our products or services;
- Fill in information and engage with the online portal
- Use our services by logging into our system or ordering products or services from us via Our Website, by telephone, email or in other ways;
- Enter personal information into our system about you or other third parties in connection with your use of our products or services;
- Store details of products or services you have ordered or information and data contained in the particular products or services you have ordered.
When you visit Our Website, we may collect any or all of the following technical data:
- Device Identifiers (the internet protocol address used to connect your device to the internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, regional settings, operating system and platform);
- Data about your use of Our Website (the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, time spent on certain pages or screens, interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs.
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Moving Buddies Ltd takes your privacy very seriously and we will never disclose, share, or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and/or marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed.
- Comply with a legal duty.
- Remember your preferences.
- We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests.
You are not obliged to supply personal details to Moving Buddies Ltd however, if the information we request is not supplied we may not be able to supply the services and products you have requested from us.
You have the right to access any personal information that Moving Buddies Ltd processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
For the purpose of providing our products and services we may share your data with third parties but we will not use or share your personal information for any other purpose without first obtaining your consent, unless required by law. We will only use your personal information for the purpose which it is collected or purposes very similar. We use your personal information to provide the following:
- To set up your account with us
- To provide products and services you have requested including third party suppliers
- To answer enquiries
- For payment processing
- To administer our database for client services, marketing, credit control, financial and accounting purposes
- To comply with legal requirements
Moving Buddies Ltd takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
SSL, TLS, encryptions, restricted access, IT authentication, firewalls, anti-virus/malware etc
Moving Buddies Ltd utilise some products or services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored in (non-UK Countries) which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website outside the United Kingdom for the below purposes: –
website hosting, email servers, marketing database (i.e. MailChimp, Ecommerce, Email Server etc)]
Therefore, when you use our website/send us an email/sign up to our newsletter etc, the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in non-UK countries. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by Moving Buddies Ltd to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we occasionally process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the legitimate interests’ legal basis for processing personal data and have identified that our interests are directly related to the source of enquiry.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Moving Buddies Ltd only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Occasionally, Moving Buddies Ltd would like to contact you with the products/services/promotions that we provide. If you consent to us using your contact details for this purpose, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting Moving Buddies Ltd directly.
Legitimate Interests Example
Moving Buddies Ltd will occasionally send you products/services/promotions by email/SMS/post that have been identified as being beneficial to our customers and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
Lodging A Complaint
Moving Buddies Ltd only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commissioner.
Moving Buddies Ltd
Warren Bruce Court
Warren Bruce Road
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Fax: 01625 524 510
Email: [email protected]